Hot Onion-Garlic Chutney
Hot Onion Garlic chutney is the simplest chutney that you can ever prepare. There is no need for really “cooking” anything for this chutney (That simple, huh??!!??). All it needs is just grinding 🙂 People who are fond of onion and garlic and those who enjoy “hot” food should definitely go for this one.
It has been a while since I have posted a quick recipe. I was all stuck with all year-end appraisal stuffs (This is when your manager suddenly gets reminded of all the things that you HAVE NOT DONE YET, you know 😀 Where is your certification? What are your learning and stuffs?? Oh, God !!! ). Finally I am done with all those things and I had managed to take a few clicks of all my quick recipes in the past couple of weeks ( Seriously, past two weeks had seen me cooking hell lotta all new really-quick stuffs). Hmmm, Over to Onion-Garlic Chutney now.
Hot Onion Garlic Chutney (also called vengaya milagai podi) is very easy to prepare and it would go well with Idly and Dosa, People who plan to travel for a day can take this with Idly/Dosa and this would taste better when it is well-coated over Idly/Dosa and consumed after a couple of hours 🙂
Hot Onion-Garlic Chutney Recipe
Onions – 3 medium sized/2 Big ones
Garlic – 10-12 pods
Salt – As needed
Red Chilly – 3
Gingelly Oil – 4 tsps
Mustard seeds – 1 tsps
Curry leaves – a few ( as per your taste)
1) Chop onions roughly ( As we are going to grind, there is no need to chop into fine pieces).
2) Peel the skin off Garlic pods.
3) Put the chopped onions, garlic and red chilly along with salt in the Mixer Grinder ( Mixie).
4) Grind them all well WITHOUT adding water.
5) Temper the items given under “To temper” using gingelly oil and add to chutney.
1) This would really be very hot, so add generous amount of gingelly oil while consuming.
2) People who are not big fans of onion/garlic may not like this one. But, even they would like this, when this chutney is coated over idly/oil and consumed after an hour 🙂
3) Adding ghee/Gingelly oil would suppress the hotness of the chutney. You can adjust the amount of red chillies according to your taste.
4) Do not add water while grinding as onion itself would leave water.
5) Grind well until you get the color as shown in the picture.
You have just unlocked the “Onion Garlic chutney” aka vengaya milagai podi Recipe from HomeMakingDelight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight –
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight –
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget Please do share it via Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Google+ etc
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe That would really mean a lot to us.
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offence by law.