Bombay Chutney – This is a very simple and tasty side dish that is based out of gram flour. This would take hardly a few minutes to prepare and this would be so tasty with idly, dosa, chapathi and upma varieties.
My friend used to prepare this with Moong dhal instead of gram flour. I would post that version of Bombay chutney soon here. And, about the name “Bombay Chutney”, nobody (that I know of) knows why this dish has got the name 😀 It is more of a gravy than a chutney, yet we would call this Bombay chutney 😐 So long as we like the taste of this dish, why to bother about the name?? 😀 Over to “Bombay Chutney” recipe from Home Making Delight..
Bombay Chutney Recipe
1) Big onion – 2
2) Green chillies – 3
3) Gram flour (kadalai maavu) – 4 tbsp
4) Ginger – an inch piece
5) water – 2 cups
6) Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
7) Curry leaves – a few
8) Coriander leaves -a few
1) Add water to the gram flour and mix well so that there are no lumps. Add salt and turmeric powder to it. Mix well. It can be slightly watery.
2) Heat oil in a pan and mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter, add chopped onions and saute well until the onions turn pink.
3) Now, add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and grated ginger and saute well.
4) Add the gram flour mixture now and keep in medium flame.
5) The gravy would begin to thicken, then keep in simmer and stir well.
6) Once it reaches your desired consistency (Hardly 3-4 minutes, it would take), switch off the stove.
7) Garnish with cilantro and serve the Bombay Chutney hot 🙂
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts 🙂 You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!
You have just unlocked the Bombay Chutney Recipe from HomeMakingDelight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more. 🙂 We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe 🙂 That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final picture of your delicacy.. 🙂 We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo.. 🙂
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight –
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional 😀 ). We would love to publish that here 🙂
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight –
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offence by law.