Capsicum chutney is one of the tasty chutney varieties similar to coconut/groundnut chutney where a slight tinge of capsicum taste would be added. Those who like the aroma of capsicum can feast on this chutney happily 🙂 This one is easy to prepare too. If you are so bored out of eating normal chutney varieties, may be you can give this a try 🙂 I accidentally landed on this capsicum chutney but it has become my favorite one now. Just try this and let me know how you liked it..
Over to capsicum chutney recipe from Home-making-delight..
Capsicum chutney Recipe
1) Capsicum/Ball pepper (Kudai Milagai) – 3/4 of a big one (or) a medium sized one
2) Coconut (Grated) – 3/4 of a cup
3) (Pottu kadalai)/Roasted peanuts (Groundnuts or nilakadalai) – 4 tbsp
4) Green chilly – 2 (Red chillies – 3)
5) Water – 1/4 cup
6) Salt – as needed
7) Oil – 1 tsp
8) Mustard seeds – 1tsp
9) Curry leaves – a few
10) Coriander leaves (Cilantro) – a few
11) Urad dhal (Ulutham paruppu) – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté chopped capsicum for a few minutes in medium flame. Ensure that the capsicum is just half cooked. Keep stirring once in a minute to avoid burning the capsicum.
- Now simmer the flame and add grated coconut and sauté for a minute.
- Let it cool down and then grind with roasted peanuts/fried gram dhal, salt, chillies by adding water little by little.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves also while adding to increase the flavor.
- Temper the items given under”For tempering” section and add it to capsicum-chutney.
- Serve it with Idly/Dosa/Upma 🙂
- You can add a couple of garlic pods, a small ginger piece and a bit of tamarind to enhance the taste.
You have just unlocked the Capsicum Chutney Recipe from HomeMakingDelight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more 🙂
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts 🙂 You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe 🙂 That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final picture of your delicacy.. 🙂 We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo.. 🙂
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight –
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional 😀 ). We would love to publish that here 🙂
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight –
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offence by law.