Carrot Kheer – This quick healthy dessert is made by cooking carrots in the boiling milk, blending them together and finally flavoring with cardamom, saffron & nuts. This can be served both warm & cold. I believe carrots have universal fans & making dessert from would make your meal a feast. This root vegetable is naturally sugary & delicious which reduces the consumption of sugar in making kheer.
Goodness of Carrot:
1) Carrot is rich in beta-carotene which helps in improving the vision and protects the central nervous system against aging.
2) It would provide healthier skin from both inside and outside.
3) It is a great body cleanser as it helps in removing the toxins from this body.
4) As this carrot kheer is made of carrots with milk, you would get a good load of calcium too.
Over to Carrot Kheer recipe from Home Making Delight..
Carrot Kheer Recipe
Carrots – 1 cup (heaped)
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Cardamom – 2-3
Ghee fried Cashews – Few (for garnish)
Saffron – 7-10 strands (optional)
Orange food color – Pinch (optional)
- Wash, peel and cut the carrots in cubes. 2. Add milk and carrots together in a pan (preferably non-stick).
- Coating the pan with ghee would prevent milk from getting burnt at the bottom.
- Avoid using food-color. Carrot kheer itself would have a nice pleasing color.
- Want vegan version of this Carrot kheer? Don’t worry! Just use almond milk instead of milk, it would taste great.
- Want quick version of this? Just pressure cook the carrots for 2 whistles and blend with milk and other ingredients. But, if the carrots are cooked in milk, taste would be better.
You have just unlocked the “Carrot Kheer” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts.You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.