Milagai Bajji – Mirchi Bajji
Mirchi Bajji (called as Milagai Bajji in Tamil) – Hot and spicy fritters prepared by coating the long green chilly peppers in gram flour and other spices and deep frying in oil. The natural hotness of chilly peppers mixed with all the spices would make this dish damn tasty. These mouth-watering fritters are also called beach-side-milagai-bajji as this would be mostly served along the beach sides.
This Milaga Bajji can be prepared by slitting stuffing a few spices inside the chillies also. For now, we have posted the simpler one.
Over to Milagai Bajji recipe from Home Making Delight..
Milagai Bajji – Mirchi Bajji Recipe
1) Long green chilly peppers – 4
2) Gram flour – 1/2 /cup
3) Rice flour – 3 tbsp
4) Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
5) Asafoetida – 1 tsp
6) Salt – as needed
7) Water – as needed ( approximately half cup)
8) Eno salt – 1 tsp
9) Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
10) Cumin powder (Jeera powder) – 1 tsp
11) Oil – minimum of 3 cups for deep frying
1) Mix all the ingredients except water and chilly peppers in a bowl.
2) Add water and mix so that no lumps are formed. The batter should be thick enough to coat the bajji.
3) You can slit the chillies into two and use it. Or, you can cut them into small pieces. If you want, you can use the whole chillies just like that also. Wash and cut as you wish.
4) Dip the chillies in the mixed batter and coat it completely with the bajji batter. (If you use whole chillies, this part may be a bit difficult 🙂 ) . Or, you can soak them in batter for 5 minutes.
5) Heat oil in a kadai and when it is hot enough, carefully drop the bajji-batter-coated chillies in the oil and fry them until they turn golden brown. Once the bubbles are dropped down, you can turn over the bajjis.
6) Drain the excess oil using tissue and enjoy you hot bajjis 🙂
1) After heating oil, just drop a bit of batter to oil and when it comes up immediately, you can start preparing the bajjis.
2) If you are planning to give this for kids, slit open the chillies and remove the seeds so that they won’t be that hot.
3) If you are going to use less oil for frying, then you can cut the chillies into small pieces and fry.
4) Remove the stalk part before eating/cooking.
You have just unlocked the “Milagai bajji” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts.You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy.. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.