Baby Potato Curry Recipe
Baby Potato Curry – An easy and tasty accompaniment prepared by shallow frying and cooking the baby potatoes in aromatic spices. BABY POTATO CURRY – Wow, one of the tasty accompaniments that would definitely protect any boring dish from gracing the sink. 😀 Do try this one out and let us know what you taste buds tell you 🙂 (Mine told to prepare this more often!!!).
Goodness of Potatoes:
1) Potatoes have iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium and zinc which help in building and maintaining of bone structure and strength.
2) Yes, Potatoes do provide more calories but normal potatoes (unlike the processed fries and chips) do not have any cholesterol at all.
3) Collagen, the skin’s support system, relies on vitamin C that works as an antioxidant to help prevent damage caused by the sun, pollution and smoke. Vitamin C in potatoes also aids collagen’s ability to lessen wrinkles and improve our skin texture.
Baby Potato Curry Recipe
1) Baby potatoes – 25
2) Onion – 1
3) Tomato -1
4) Sambhar powder/ Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
5) Edible Oil – 3 tbsp
6) Salt – as needed
7) Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
8) Fennel powder -1 tsp
9) Cumin powder – 1 tsp
10) Asafoetida (Hing/Perungayam) 1 tsp
11) Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
12) Urad dhal – 1 tsp
13) Curry leaves – a few (Optional)
14) Cilantro – a few (Optional)
1) Pressure cook the baby potatoes for 3 whistles. Once cooled down, peel off the skin.
2) Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadai, and shallow fry the baby potatoes until they turn mild golden brown as shown in the pic.
3) Finely chop onions and tomatoes. Heat a tbsp of oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add urad dhal, curry leaves and onions and saute until they turn pink.
4) Now add tomatoes and saute until they turn mushy.
5) Now add turmeric powder, salt, asafoetida, sambhar( or red chilly Powder) powder, cumin powder, fennel powder and mix well.
6) Add the shallow-fried baby potatoes and mix well.
7) Cook in low flame for 8 – 10 minutes until they turn golden brown and crisp in the corners. Now, they would be crispy outside and soft inside.
8) Serve the yummy Roasted baby potato curry hot garnished with cilantro along with Rice 🙂
1) You can also deep-fry the baby potatoes and then do this. I prefer it this way.
2) More you leave them on flame, more would be the taste. You can wait until they form a slight brown layer at the bottom and then turn the potatoes to other side to ensure that they are evenly cooked.
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts 🙂 You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and follow us on FB!!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe 🙂 That would really mean a lot to us.
You have just unlocked the Roasted Baby potato curry Recipe from HomeMakingDelight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more 🙂
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy!
Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D) 🙂 We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo.. 🙂 Email: HomemakingDelight@gmail.com
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional 😀 ). We would love to publish that here 🙂
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offence by law.