Extracting Corn Kernels from Corn cobs
Today, we will see how to cook and extract corn kernels from corn cobs easily. There are so many ways to do that and this is one of the easy methods where you would just need stove and water. Using microwave also, we can do that. But, I always use this method.
There are so many recipes (in most cuisines) that would call for corn kernels. I use corn kernels very often. Whenever I am cooking something that is not so tasty but healthy, I would add loads of corn kernels so that slight bitterness/the dish’s actual taste would be bit suppressed by those kernels. Mainly when we cook greens like Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves (or) vendhaya Keerai), Drumstick leaves (Murungai keerai), I would never fail to add corn kernels.. 🙂 🙂
Earlier, I used to buy frozen/fresh kernels from the super markets. Recently, I have determined to prepare those products at home which are possible to be prepared at home with least effort rather than buying from the store (like Ginger-garlic paste, coconut powder/milk, corn kernels, tamarind paste, pickles, dosa batter etc). This would save us from quite a few hazardous preservatives and save our money too. Long story short, I have started cooking and extracting corn kernels from raw corn cobs.
Over to Extracting Corn Kernels from Corn cobs from Home Making Delight..
Extracting Corn Kernels from Corn cobs – Easy Method
What you would need:
1) A vessel where cut corn cobs can be fit in
2) Water – as needed
3) Corn cobs
How to prepare:
1) Open up the corn cobs and remove the outer cover and the silk.
2) You can cut the cobs into two or three so that you can easily fit them in you vessel. If your vessel is large enough, then you can just like that drop them in.
3) Fill in water so that the cobs are well-immersed in water.
4) Boil the water. Keep the lid on the vessel to speed up the boiling.
5) It would take 8-10 minutes for the cobs to be cooked well.
6) Once boiled, you can see the color change in the cobs.
7) Take a knife and place it on top side of the cob. Let the knife be set hard and deep. Now, cut the kernels in a single swift motion of the knife from top to bottom. you would have extracted a row of corn kernels from the cob. Repeat the process.
1) If you are just going to use corn cobs, then you can cut into small pieces for faster cooking. If you need kernels, then let the cob be long so that you can easily extract them using the knife.
You have just unlocked the DiY – “Extract Corn Kernels from Corn Cobs” Method from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this post. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or DiY? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried any of our recipes? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.