Badam Pisin Milk Recipe – Edible Almond gum drink – A Natural coolant for body
Badam pisin Milk – A natural, jelly-like coolant drink that is prepared from the edible gum extracted from Almond trees mixed with milk flavored with cardamom and sugar.
Similar to Rubber trees, Almond trees also would secrete gum which is edible and we can use it once it gets dried. After this drying process, it would look like small , white ice stones (Refer the pic below). The jelly-like badam pisin made from such stones is an important ingredient in Jigarthanda (Famous drink of Madurai). If soaked overnight, this badam pisin would form a jelly-like substance which we can mix with milk and drink to cool down the body that has got heated up due to scorching sun this summer (Yeah, those heat boils are damn irritating).
Over to Badam Pisin Drink Recipe from Home Making Delight..
Benefits of Badam Pisin – Almond gum drink:
- Natural coolant for the body
- To gain weight – Those who are underweight should drink this regularly to gain weight easily without any side effects. If you are looking for weight-gain recipes, do check out our avocado milkshake. 😉 For shedding those extra pounds off, check out our collection of weight-loss recipes which include beet-lemon mocktail, herbal dry ginger tea – sukku malli tea and several other recipes. 🙂
Badam Pisin Milk Recipe – Edible Almond gum drink Recipe
Makes two glasses
- An inch size piece of Almond gum (Badam Pisin) – 1
- Boiled and chilled Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – as needed (4 tbsp)
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp (Or 3 cardamom pieces)
- Vanilla/Pista/Strawberry essence – 4 drops (Optional)
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop (Optional)
- Soak the badam pisin piece in a cup of water overnight. Do check out the small almond gum staying at the bottom of the bowl, next to the flower.
- Next morning, it would have formed a jelly-like substance.
- Take boiled and chilled milk and mix the jelly well in it.You can use a whisker for this.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar and stir well.
- Now, you can add any of the essence mentioned above to increase the flavor of the drink. It would also taste well, if you could add a scoop of ice cream to it. You can just like that add the ice cream or shake it together using a whisker/juicer.
- Serve your badaam pizin drink chilled. 🙂
- Avoid artificial jellies and give this drink to kids with ice cream.
- Adjust the flavor essence per your taste.
- Needless to say, Weight watchers should keep this drink at bay.
- Badam pisin milk would cool down your body so if you have cold body or if you are prone to catch cold or if you have other respiratory problems, don’t drink this often.
You have just unlocked the “Badam Pisin Milk – Almond Gum Drink” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.