Cashew Capsicum Gravy (White Khorma)
Cashew-capsicum gravy(White Khorma) is a rich and creamy side-dish prepared from butter and capsicum cooked in a blended mixture of cashews and coconut along with a mild hot tinge from green chillies. No wonder the gravy is so rich and creamy!! Treat your guests with this special, yet easy, white Khorma and witness them spreading your culinary skills to the world. 🙂
I got this recipe from my bestie who tried this out when she was a novice cook and got a big applause. When I had just started getting my hands on cooking, I got this recipe of white khorma from her and prepared it for a special occasion. People told that this one was finger-lickingly delicious, thanks to my bestie!! Home-Making-Delight presents that special recipe of White Khorma for you guys!!!
Cashew Capsicum Gravy (White Khorma) Recipe
Onions – 2
Tomato – 1
Green chillies – 4
Capsicum (bell peppers) – 2
Coconut (Grated) – ¾ cup (One half of a coconut would do)
Cashews – 12 – 15
Butter – 3 tbsp
Bay leaves – 1
Cinnamon stick – an inch piece -1
Cardamom – 2 (Optional)
Clove – 1 (Optional)
Star Anise -1
Curry leaves – a few
Cilantro – a few
Red Chilly powder – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Make a paste of cococnut, green chilles and cashews by adding water little by little. Keep this aside.
- Heat the pan and melt the butter. Once it has melted, add bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise and sauté.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn pink. Add curry leaves and chopped tomatoes and sauté until they turn mushy.
- Now, add capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes. Add salt to ease the process.
- Now, add water and bring it to boil and let the capsicum get cooked well,. This would take approximately 6-8 minutes. Ensure that the capsicum is cooked well.
- Add hing and mix well.
- Add the ground paste to the gravy and let it boil in medium flame for 5 minutes. Ensure that it does not get stick to the bottom. If you think that the gravy is not hot enough, add red chilly powder.
- Once the gravy thickens, add cilantro and serve the white Khorma hot with your Chapathis, Rotis or Pooris. 🙂
- You can add boiled potatoes also along with capsicum.
- You can add badam paste to make it more rich.
- I did not add garam masala as this white Khorma was tasty and spicy by itself. You can add, if you want.
You have just unlocked the “White Khorma” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.