Sukku tea (Dry Ginger Tea) is a healthy beverage, which would be a better substitute for coffee which is loaded with caffeine. Sukku Tea, made out of Dry Ginger (Called as Sukku in Tamil), Coriander seeds (Dhania), pepper, Jeera and Caromom is a must for those who are fighting to cut off their belly fat. It is advisable to take this tea in the afternoon time instead of your coffee or normal tea. This tea mix is easy to prepare at home and its health benefits are awesome. Please click here to see this Herbal Tea mix recipe and all its benefits.
This post is about how to prepare the sukku milk aka sukku tea from that Herbal Tea Mix. This applies for all tea varieties also, just substitute your normal tea powder instead of this Sukku tea mix and prepare the decoction.
I have recently vowed to reduce my coffee intake (I am such an addict to coffee) and I have reduced it to just 1 cup from 3-4 cups. 😐 😐 I have just started with this Sukku tea and let’s see how far I proceed in replacing this with coffee. :0
Over to Healthy Sukku Malli Tea Recipe from Home-Making-Delight..
Healthy Sukku Tea Recipe – Dry Ginger Tea Recipe
Ingredients (For 2 cups of Sukku Malli tea):
- Sukku Malli Tea Mix (Click here to see the recipe) – 2 tbsp
- Jaggery (Nattu Sakkarai) – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 1/4 cup
- Boil the milk and keep it aside.
- Heat water in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Now, add the Sukku Tea Mix and mix well and let it boil for 3 minutes in high flame. For Sukku tea, we have already added dry ginger and cardamom. For normal tea, now add crushed ginger and cardamom and mix well. It would have now reduced to 3/4 of what it was before.
- Add the decoction to the cup and then add jaggery.
- Add hot milk to it and serve the sukku tea hot to get relief from Cold, fever and throat infection.
- Do not add water while boiling the milk as we would be adding the tea decoction (1/4 of decoction and 3/4 of milk) which would be watery.
- Drink it hot to get its benefits.
- Jaggery is highly recommended as this drink is to remove the toxins out of the body. If you use white sugar (Crystal sugar), it means we are adding more toxins to the body. So, avoid using that.
- If you want, you can have just this tea decoction as black tea without adding milk, but it would be so hot to drink.
You have just unlocked the “Sukku tea – Dry Ginger Tea” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.