Hibiscus Hair Mask- Hibiscus – Curry leaves – Fenugreek – Combo Mask
HomeMakingDelight presents you a simple DIY & Ayurvedic Hair Mask out of Hibiscus plant leaves – Hibiscus Hair Mask, which would address most of our common hair-fall problems. Hibiscus, also called as “Shoe flower” plant is a common plant that grows in various parts of India and other tropical/sub-tropical regions of the world. The plant and its flowers are loaded with lots of medicinal properties and it also plays a vital role in cosmetic products for Hair.
I have been planning to add more hair/skin care tips after my last post on Goodness of Henna for Hair and it has taken me this long to post my next article on that. Sigh!!! I have determined to shoo away my laziness and as an immediate result, here comes the post on simple hair mask for hair – Hibiscus Hair mask to prevent the hair fall and promote the hair growth.. 😉 😉 I have been using this Hibiscus-curry-leaves-fenugreek hair pack for a few months and the results are too good 🙂 I wash my hair thrice a week – once using Henna followed by this hibiscus mask the next day and “coconut-milk” pack the other day. My hair is healthy and shiny now 🙂 Ya Ya, Enough boasting!!
Over to Hibiscus Hair Mask preparation steps and benefits from Home-Making-Delight 🙂
Hibiscus Hair Mask- Hibiscus – Curry leaves – Fenugreek – Combo Mask – DIY
Benefits of Hibiscus (Shoe-flower/Sembaruthi) leaves:
1) Hibiscus leaves would make a good natural conditioner for hair. It would leave the hair silky soft to touch, if used regularly. Conditioners are must for hair after shampooing to restore all the moisture and necessary oil that are washed away by the shampoo.
2) Hibiscus leaves would prevent hair fall and promotes hair growth by strengthening the hair roots. It would help you get those long tresses coveted for really long time 😀 😛
3) Hair would grow faster because of its ability to promote blood circulation.
4) It would prevent Premature graying of hair.
5) Hibiscus would thicken the hair strands.
6) This pack would prevent the split ends.
7) This would add more shine to the mane.
Benefits of Fenugreek (Methi seeds/ Vendhayam):
1) Fenugreek would get rid of the dandruff from hair and scalp.
2) Vendhayam/Fenugreek would help cure the itchiness and the heat boils in the scalp.
3) Would cool down the body heat.
4) Would control the hair fall.
Benefits of Curry leaves (Kadi Patta/Kariveppilai):
1) Curry leaves (kadi Patta/ Karivepilai) is well-known for preventing premature greying of hair.
2) Would repair the hair roots damaged due to pollution, chemicals , hair straightening and excessive exposure to sun.
3) To bring life back to dry hair.
4) To strengthen the hair shaft.
Let’s see how to prepare the Hair mask using the three wonderful ingredients:
Preparation Method – Hibiscus Hair pack:
What you would need:
1) Curry leaves – a handful
2) Hibiscus (Shoe flower / Sembaruthi leaves) leaves – 12 – 15
3) Fenugreek seeds ( Methi seeds/ Vendhayam) – Half a cup
How to prepare:
1) Pick a few fresh Hibiscus leaves (15) and curry leaves (one handful). Take half a cup of Vendhayam seeds / Methi seeds / Fenugreek seeds.
2) Wash well to get rid of dust and dirt in the leaves. Soak them all together in clean water overnight.
3) Filter out the water and keep it aside. Put the soaked leaves and seeds in a mixer grinder.
4) Grind them together by adding few spoons of water once in 30 seconds for 3 minutes (approximately) to get a fine paste.
5) Now the Hibiscus Hair Mask is ready. Apply it on your scalp and hair and let it sit for an hour. After that rinse well (use a mild shampoo, if you want) and pat it dry.
Use the pack regularly and flaunt your hair as you desired for long time 😀 😀 🙂
1) As we have added Fenugreek to the Hibiscus Hair Mask, it would be hard to wash off. Have patience and use more water to rinse it off the hair.
Caution: If the paste is not washed off properly, it would stick to your scalp and clog the pores and you might face hair-fall problems. So, ensure to rinse the pack completely from hair. You can use a mild shampoo, if you want. If not, while drying your hair, Fenugreek might fall off.
2) While grinding, add water little by little so that you would get it ground properly. Otherwise, it won’t make a fine paste.
3) Hibiscus hair pack would help produce more lather just like shampoo. Gently wash it off using more water.
You have just unlocked the DiY – “Hibiscus Hair Mask” post from HomeMakingDelight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget Please do share it via Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Google+ etc
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this DiY – Hibiscus Hair Mask. That would really mean a lot to us.
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offence by law.