Hot and Spicy Potato Sabzi
Potato Sabzi – “Hot and Spicy Potato gravy” – A simple spicy gravy/side-dish in which the boiled potatoes are cooked in Tomato paste along with Garlic and other spices. The color and flavor of the recipe would be so great that you won’t feel like saying no to it. 🙂 Just try this out and let us know how you liked it!
I recently went to a restaurant where they had served this one with boiled eggs. As I don’t cook eggs, I thought I would add potatoes instead and it came out well. The one they served had more oil and color powder. So, looks-wise it was so much appealing that the home-made one. But, obviously health-wise, this one would score more. You can adjust the Oil/Butter according to your taste.
Over to Hot and Spicy Potato Sabzi recipe from home-making-delight..
Hot and Spicy Potato Sabzi Recipe
1) Oil/Butter/Ghee = 3 tbsp
2) Big onion – 2
3) Tomatoes – 2
4) Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
5) Asafoetida (Hing/Perungayam) – 1 tsp
6) Cumin powder (Seeraga podi) – 1 tsp
7) Coriander powder (Dhania podi) – 1 tsp
8) Turmeric powder (Manjal thool) – 1 tsp
9) Salt – as needed
10) Potatoes – 3
11) Garlic pods – 10
12) Gingelly oil (Nallennai) – 1 tsp
13) Curry leaves (Karivepilai) – a handful
14) Water – 1/4 cup
15) Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
16) Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
1) Kasuri methi (or) Cilantro (Kothamalli thazhai) – a few
1) Cut the onions length-wise. Mince the garlic. Grind the tomatoes in Mixie and make a paste. Tomato puree also can be used. Boil the potatoes and cut them into medium-sized pieces.
2) Heat oil/butter/ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they splutter, add curry leaves.
3) Now, add onions and garlic, and saute until the onions turn pink. Add salt now to ease up the cooking.
4) Add potatoes and mix well. Let it sauteed for 2 minutes in medium flame.
5) Now, add ground tomato paste and mix well. Cook for a minute and add water and other spices ( Red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and Hing) and mix well. Adjust chilly powder according to your taste.
6) Cook until the oil gets separated from the gravy. Water would be completely absorbed and the gravy would be thickened now.
7) Serve the hot and spicy potato Sabzi with your Pooris or Chapathis. 🙂
1) You can add boiled eggs instead.
2) Squeeze in lemon and serve, if you like it.
You have just unlocked the ”Hot and Spicy Potato Sabzi” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more.
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.