Red Pasta Recipe – Spicy Pasta cooked in Red Sauce
Red Pasta – Rich, spicy and cheesy Italian dish in which the pasta would be cooked in red sauce made of Tomatoes, cheese and Italian Oregano.
I am a big fan of white Pasta (Cheesy Pasta Alfredo), but as that one is so rich, I could not eat more of that. When my brother visited my place last time, I prepared just the white pasta which was extremely delicious and filling. As it was so heavy, he ate very less. Since then, I have decided to prepare both white and red pastas so that we won’t be bored of eating just one flavor 😀
I am sharing here the one with Red sauce which I made for dinner last night along with the white pasta (Click to see recipe) and could not resist sharing it right away here. 🙂
I did not prepare the white and red pasta sauce separately. I just used the ingredients for the sauces as I cooked the pasta. I would write a separate post on preparing the pasta sauces later. 🙂
Over to Red Pasta (Spicy Pasta cooked in Red Sauce) recipe from Home-Making-Delight..
I have used very less cheese (minimal) in this one, as I have recently joined the weight-watchers club 🙁 Request you to be more generous in adding butter and cheese to get the restaurant taste.
Spicy Red Pasta Recipe
1) Onion – 1
2) Pasta – 1 cup
3) Water – as needed
4) Salt – as needed
5) Cheese – 2 tbsp (I was stingy in using cheese, be generous to get the restaurant style pasta)
6) Butter – 1 tbsp
7) Oil – 1 tbsp
8) Capsicum (Red, Green and yellow) (cut into thin and long pieces) – 3/4 cup
9) Tomatoes – 3 ( Or Tomato Puree – 3/4 cup)
10) Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
11) Pepper – 1 tbsp
12) Oregano – 1 tbsp
13) Garlic (Finely minced) – 2 tbsp
- Boil and cook the pasta along with salt. In my pasta pack, they told the pasta to water ratio as 1:3. Cook yours accordingly.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and add onion and garlic and saute until the onions turn pink.
- Add the tomato puree to it and saute well. I have ground and added the tomato paste to it, as I dint have the puree in hand, then).
- Add the capsicum and mix well until the capsicum is well-coated and cooked in the puree.
- Now, add the pepper, salt (just for the veggies. For pasta, we have already added), Oregano and red chilly powder.
- Add the grated/cut cheese and mix well.
- Add the cooked pasta to it and mix well. Stir-in more cheese, if you want it cheesy and rich.
- Garnish with grated cheese and serve the spicy red pasta hot.
- I have given here minimum amount of cheese. Please increase cheese and butter to get more creamy pasta.
- You can also use basil to flavor this up.
- Adjust chilly powder according to your taste.
You have just unlocked the “Spicy Red Pasta – Pasta in Red sauce” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.