White Pasta – Rich Creamy and cheesy Italian dish in which the pasta would be cooked in white sauce made of cheese and Italian Oregano.
The name “Cheese Pasta – Pasta Alfredo” itself is sufficient to trigger the taste sensors in my tongue to drool. I prefer this cheese pasta over the one with red sauce. I used to have this one frequently in restaurants where it would be loaded with cheese and more creamy (Yummmmyyy!!). I have tried this Pasta with and without cheese (Cheeseless version of “Cheese Pasta” would be posted soon 😀 😀) and both of them were simply superb. I am sharing here the one with Cheese which I made for dinner last night along with the red pasta (Click to see recipe) and could not resist sharing it right away here. 🙂
I did not prepare the white and red pasta sauce separately. I just used the ingredients for the sauces as I cooked the pasta. I would write a separate post on preparing the pasta sauces later. 🙂
Over to White Pasta – Cheese pasta recipe from Home-Making-Delight..
I have used very less cheese (minimal) in this one, as I have recently joined the weight-watchers club 🙁 Request you to be more generous in adding butter and cheese to get the restaurant taste.
White Pasta – Cheese Pasta Alfredo Recipe
1) Pasta – 1 cup
2) Water – as needed
3) Salt – as needed
4) Cheese – 4 tbsp (I was stingy in using cheese, be generous to get the restaurant style pasta)
5) Butter – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
6) Capsicum (Red, Green and yellow) (cut into thin and long pieces) – 3/4 cup
7) Oregano – 1 tbsp
8) Pepper – 2 tbsp (Adjust according to your taste)
9) Milk – 3/4 cup
- Boil and cook the pasta along with salt. In my pasta pack, they told the pasta to water ratio as 1:3. Cook yours accordingly.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and add the capsicum pieces and saute until they turn crisp. This would take approximately 3 minutes. Ensure that it is not burnt. Keep this aside. Add salt for capsicum, if needed.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of butter and add milk and let it boil in medium flame.
- Add the cooked pasta to it and mix well.
- Now, add oregano, pepper and cheese and mix.
- Finally add the sauteed capsicum.
- Add extra cheese, if you want and serve the white pasta hot. 🙂
- This white pasta would tend to get thicken over time. Stir-in milk and re-heat before serving, if you planning to refrigerate and use.
- I have given here minimum amount of cheese and milk. Please increase them and butter to get more creamy pasta.
- You can also use basil to flavor this up.
You have just unlocked the “White Pasta – Cheesy Pasta Alfredo” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.