BEANS PARUPPU USILI
Beans Paruppu Usili – a tasty NO ONION, NO GARLIC (Poriyal-like) accompaniment for rice that is prepared by cooking steamed Toor dhal and beans along with other spices. Rasam and Beans Paruppusili would make a simple, yet delicious meal. 🙂
Paruppu usili can be made from beans, snake gourd (pudalangai), Bitter gourd (Pavakkai), Vazhaippu ( Raw Banana flower – Click here to see vazhaippu paruppu usili Recipe – A bit complex one) etc. Whenever I plan to cook boring but healthy vegetables like Bitter gourd, Vazhaippu etc, I would prepare Paruppu usili out of that so that it would be so tasty that the bitterness of the Bitter Gourd would be well suppressed. An, there is no need for chopping the onions or mincing the garlic. Try this one out and believe me, you are gonna love this 🙂 🙂
Over to Beans Paruppu Usili recipe from HomeMakingDelight..
BEANS PARUPPU USILI RECIPE
1) Beans – 200gm
2) Toor dhal (Thuvaram paruppu) – 1.5 cups
3) Red chillies – 5
4) Salt – as needed
5) Asafoetida (Hing/Perungayam) – 1 tsp
6) Oil – 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp
7) Mustard seeds (Kadugu) – 1 tsp
8) Urad dhal (Ulutham parupu) – 1 tsp
9) Curry leaves – a few
10) Coriander leaves – a few
11) Water – as needed
- Soak the Toor dhal in water for one hour. Let the dhal be immersed completely in water.
- Fine-chop the beans and keep it ready.
- Sprinkle water on the beans and pressure cook the beans for 2-3 whistles.
- Drain the water completely and grind the soaked dhal along with red chillies, Asafoetida and salt without adding water.
- Steam cook the ground mixture for 7 – 10 minutes. You can just like that spread on the idly plates (Of Idly pan used for steam cooking) or you can flatten the mixture using a spatula. Anyways, its shape wont matter.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and urad dhal. When they begin to splutter, add curry leaves. Then shred the steam-cooked dhal and add it.
- Mix well using a spatula and add a tbsp of oil and saute well for 3 minutes.
- Now, add the cooked beans and saute for 3 minutes in medium flame.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve the paruppu usili along with your rice 🙂
- Don’t add water while grinding the dhal. Drain the water completely.
- If you want to avoid the steaming part, you can add more oil and saute the ground dhal mixture for more time.
- Replace the beans with any one of bitter gourd (Pavakkai 0r Pagarkai Paruppusili), Ivy Gourd (Kovakkai Paruppusili), Snake gourd (Pudalangai Paruppusili), Raw banana flower (Plantain flower – vazhaipoo Paruppusili), Broad beans (Avarakkai paruppusili) or Turkey Berry (Sundakkai Paruppusili) and you can prepare the paruppusili.
You have just unlocked the “Beans Paruppu usili” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.