Coconut Milk mask for Hair – For shiny and straight hair
Coconut Milk Mask for Hair – Extracting the milk from coconut and applying it as mask concentrating from root to tip would have amazing effects on your hair which you would die for!!!! Go ahead, read on and know the wonders that coconut milk mask can do for your hair 🙂 Over to benefits of Coconut Milk Mask for hair and applying instructions from Home-Making-Delight..
As I had already talked on and on of hair fall problems and tips on hair fall control, I am not going to bore you more with any of those. Let me get straight to how to use coconut milk mask for hair and its excellent benefits for hair. Those, who would like to read more about our previous posts on hair, please check out the following links:
Goodness of Coconut Milk for Hair
Ayurveda suggests to keep one’s body and mind calm and cool to cure so many health issues. To cool down the body, the best suggested home remedy is to take gingelly oil bath for body along with applying Coconut milk for hair twice a week, at least once. Coconut milk has deep penetrating properties and it would go deep down to your hair and let is shine from both outside and inside. I got great results when I used it continuously. But, after I stopped applying it I could see it becoming dull again in a few weeks. So, coconut milk mask has to be used regularly (at least, once a week) to retain the shine, glow and healthy mane.
- To set curls down – straightens the hair naturally:
- Coconut milk is an excellent natural hair straightener to a good extent. I have got visible results by applying coconut milk on my hair regularly. I used to have curls at the end, although my hair is straight at the top. After using coconut milk hair mask, the curls were loosened and my hair looked straight.
- To add shine to hair:
- Needless to say, coconut milk would add such a glow to your hair. You can now go and flaunt your shiny hair J
- To add volume to hair:
- As coconut milk is rich in protein and has high penetrating properties, it would deep into roots and make the hair strands healthy and thick, thereby adding volume to hair.
- To Prevent Split Ends:
- As coconut milk is a great moisturizer, it provides nourishment and prevents split ends. It would cure dry-scalp problems also.
- To condition your hair:
- You don’t even need to apply your after-wash conditioners, if you use coconut milk mask on your hair. Due to its excellent moisture locking properties, it would conditions and nourishes hair.
If you have severe dandruff problems, coconut milk would tend to aggravate it. So, you might have to add lemon juice to the coconut milk and use it to escape dandruff.
How to prepare Coconut Milk Mask for hair:
For shoulder/mid-length hair, 1/4th of a coconut would be sufficient. For waist-length hair, use half a coconut to extract coconut milk.
1) Add the extracted coconut pieces in a mixer grinder and give it a run.
2) Now add half a cup of water and grind. Then, add water little by little and grind until it is watery and thick at the same time.
3) Squeeze the ground mixture to extract the coconut milk. This is called first milk.
4) After extracting the milk completely, add half a cup of water and repeat the process to get second milk.
5) Mix in both and your coconut milk hair mask is ready.
How to apply the coconut milk mask for hair:
1) Use a cotton ball to apply the mask on your hair. Dip the cotton ball in the milk and apply it completely on the scalp from roots to hair tips. Leave it for an hour and wash it off using a mild shampoo. Conditioner is optional.
- Slightly warm the cotton milk and massage for better and quick results.
- Don’t throw away the residual coconut wastes. Mix it with Moong dhal flour/Shikakai and wash your hair to improve hair growth. It won’t go off easily, so wash well.
You have just unlocked the “Coconut Milk Mask for hair growth – DiY” from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, please like HomeMakingDelight page on FB (See the Right widget for LIKE Button) to get instant updates on our new posts.
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this. That would really mean a lot to us. Please leave your thoughts/queries in the comments section.
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.