Eggless Vanilla Sponge cake
Egg less Vanilla Sponge cake – A soft, spongy egg less cake which should always be the first one to start with for all those who are new to baking 🙂
You would have seen umpteen healthy recipes from HomeMakingDelight in the past week and it’s time to get yourselves untangled from that tight grip of “Oh, My health” spell (and to get yourselves bound to “Oh, My tongue and tummy” spell ) 😁
Egg-less cakes can be prepared by substituting yeast or banana (as replacements for eggs) and condensed milk, but this recipe calls for Curd/Yogurt which is the simplest of all and the easiest to get 🙂 This was the first baking recipe I have ever tried which boosted up my confidence to crawl my way into baking (Imagining myself as an ace in baking 😀 Oh, boy! That feels so good 😀) You could even feel the spongy texture of this vanilla cake when you touch it 🙂 This is one of the basic cake recipes and you can prepare your own recipes based out of this cake. We will be posting our ideas very soon too (Don’t you look appalled now itself 😀 ) Watch out for more 🙂
Over to Eggless Vanilla Sponge cake from Home-Making Wizardry..
Eggless Vanilla Sponge cake Recipe
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
Serves – 10-12 slices
Maida or All purpose flour – 1&1/2 cups
Curd – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1&1/4 tsp
Cooking oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1&1/4 tsp
- Beat curd and sugar together in a bowl until sugar dissolves and then add baking powder & baking soda. Mix it well and keep it aside for 5 mins.
- You can see the bubbles appearing in the mix after adding the baking powder and baking soda. Then, add oil and vanilla essence. Give a nice stir.
- Pre-heat the oven for 350 F and grease the butter/wax paper and lay it on the loaf pan.
Add a portion of sieved maida flour slowly to the wet ingredients & stir them together. Repeat the process with the remaining flour until it blends well and forms a creamy structure.
- Allow it to cool down and then gently insert the knife around the cake (in the space between cake and loaf-pan) to loosen it. Then, invert the loaf pan on a plate and tap at the bottom gently so that the cake comes out clean. Remove the butter/wax paper and slice it.
7) Enjoy your Home-Made Self-baked Vanilla Spongy cake with Tea/Coffee and the aroma lingering around 🙂
- Don’t left the batter open outside for a long time. Transfer it immediately to the loaf pan, once it is ready and bake it.
You can also make vanilla cup cakes using the same batter 🙂
If you are planning to do icing on the top, just level the cake by removing the top crust layer.
You have just unlocked the “Eggless Vanilla Sponge cake” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, subscribe to our blog via email to get instant updates on our new posts. You can also follow us by clicking on the “follow” button on the right side widget and like us on FB!!
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.