Mullu Murukku is an Indian snack made with the dough prepared from rice & moong dhal flour, which is then shaped into coils and deep fried in oil. This Mullu Murukku would definitely be on the Diwali and Gokulashtami special snack lists.
My mom usually prepares the murukku mix for me and my job is just to add water. Being well aware of my procedure (not involving much soaking & grinding :-D), she suggested me the recipe with ready made rice flour. I prepared this mullu murukku all by myself for this Krishna Jayanthi (Gokulashtami or Krishna Navami).
Lets see the Krishna Jayanthi special snack “Mullu Murukku” Recipe from Home-Making-Delight…
Mullu Murukku Recipe
Rice Flour – 2 cups
Moong Dhal flour – 1/2 cup (Roast & grind Moong dhal to make the flour)
Sesame – 2 tsp
Hing – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 3 tblsp
Salt & water as needed
Oil for deep frying
- Sieve rice flour & moong dhal flour and mix it well with sesame seeds, hing & salt.
- Then add butter and start kneading the dough with fingers by slowly adding the water. Add oil if required. Keep the dough covered with moist cloth to prevent from drying.
- Use the single star press in the murukku maker and fill in the dough.
- Press the murukku maker gently to make 3 or 4 spirals of dough on the greased wax paper.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan on a medium flame & drop the dough (that was made into murukku shape) smoothly in oil.
- Allow it to cook on both sides and transfer it to the paper towel.
- Once it cools down completely store it in air tight container to retain the crispiness.
I prefer making the murukku moulds in wax paper, transfer it to the ladle and keep the ladle in the oil. This way, the murukku won’t get break & oil won’t splash much when we drop the murukku in hot oil.
You have just unlocked the “Mullu Murukku” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, please like HomeMakingDelight on FB (See the Right widget for LIKE Button) to get instant updates on our new posts.
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.