Red Chilly Chutney – Spicy Milagai Chutney
Chilly Chutney – Red Chilly Chutney | Milagai Chutney is an accompaniment for Idly / Dosa / Upma varieties prepared from red chillies, garlic and shallots (Small onions) and would be very spicy, as the name suggests. For Plain dishes like Appam and Paniyaram, this would be a good side dish.
Chilly Chutney | Milagai Chutney | Mirchi Chutney | Mirapakaya Chutney | Mirepukaya Chutney | Vattal Mulaku Chutney | Chuvanna Mulagu Chutney | Molaku Chutney
I hope this Red Chilly Chutney – Sivappu Milagai Chutney based out of hot and red Indian chillies and garlic would definitely bring a new life to loads of taste-deprived tongues staying out of their natives (Especially South Indian) craving for something really hot and spicy. To add to it, this one is really easy and doesn’t involve the grinding part 🙂 Over to Red Chilly Chutney recipe – Sigappu Milagai Chutney recipe from Home-Making Delight with step by step photos..
Chilly Chutney Recipe – Spicy Milagai Chutney
- Cooking Time : 12 – 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Serves – 1 / 2
1) Red Chilly – 8 – 10
2) Small onions (Shallots) – 7 (finely chopped)
3) Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
4) Gingelly Oil / Sesame Oil (Nallennai) – 4 tbsp
5) Salt – as needed
6) Asafoetida (Perungayam / Hing)- a pinch
7) Curry leaves (Karivepilai) – a few
8) Cilantro – a few (Finely chopped)
9) Garlic – 5 pods (finely chopped)
10) Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
11) Urad dhal – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and when it is hot enough, add mustard seeds, When it begins to splutter, add curry leaves and Urad dhal.
- Just cut the red chillies into two and drop them to it and saute well.
- Now add finely chopped garlic and small onions and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt and hing and mix well.
- Cook until the tomatoes turn mushy and well cooked. Oil would get separated from the mixture at this part.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve your hot and spicy red chilly chutney as side dish fpr your Idly / Dosa / Appam / Paniyaram.
- As the chilly chutney would be very hot, add more gingelly oil while serving as well as cooking.
You can check out our chutney collection here.
You have just unlocked the ‘Red Chilly Chutney – Milagai Chutney Recipe‘ from HomeMakingDelight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more 🙂
If you like our space, please like Home-Making-Delight Page on FB (See the Right widget for LIKE Button) to get instant updates on our new posts.
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe 🙂 That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final picture of your delicacy.. 🙂 We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo.. 🙂
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional 😀 ). We would love to publish that here 🙂
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offence by law.