Aloo Gobi Dry Curry – Potato Cauliflower Sabzi
Aloo Gobi Dry Curry- Potato Cauliflower Sabzi is an easy side dish/subzi/accompaniment that is prepared by cooking Potatoes and Cauliflower with simple spices. It is such a great side dish which you can relish with your Chapathi, Roti, Naan, Phulka and Rice varieties.
Aloo Gobi Dry is an easy & fail-proof dish. It doesn’t involve any complex steps and most people like potatoes and cauliflowers. So, even if you are a novice cook, you can easily manage to get people to eat your alu gobi. 🙂 The only thing you have to take care is to be patient while the potatoes are getting cooked. You have to shallow fry and cook them, not boil or pressure cook them. There is nothing more in the recipe to get you stuck. I prepared this last weekend for lunch and it came out really awesome. 🙂 I bet, you would love this tasty, shallow fried potato-cauliflower combo curry. 🙂 Over to Aloo Gobi Dry – Potato Cauliflower Sabzi Recipe from Home-Making-Delight with step-by-step photos..
Aloo Gobi Dry Curry Recipe – Potato Cauliflower Sabzi Recipe
Potato Cauliflower Curry | Urulaikizhangu Cauliflower Fry | Aloo Gobi Dry Recipe| UrulaKizhangu Cauliflower Masala Poriyal | Urlagadda Gobi Puvvu Curry | Bangaala Dumpa Caulilflower dry Sabzi | Alu Gadda Gobi Subji | Aalu Batata Dry Sabji | Aalugadde Hookosu Sabzi | Aaloo phulgopi Dry Fry | Alu pattagobi dry Recipe
- Serves – 4 -5 people
- Preparation Time – 5 mins
- Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- Cuisine – North Indian
- Difficulty level – Easy/Medium
- Type – Veggie Stir Fry
1) Potato – 3
2) Cauliflower – 1/3 of a big flower
3) Onion – 1 big (Or 2 medium)
4) Cinnamon stick – An inch piece
5) Salt – as needed
6) Oil – 5 tbsp (OR Butter)
7) Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
8) Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
9) Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
10) Coriander powder – 1.5 tsp
11) Pepper powder- 1 tsp
12) Garam Masala – 1 tsp
13) Fennel powder/Cumin powder – 1 tsp
14) Water – as needed
15) Curry leaves – a few
16) Cilantro – a few (To Garnish
17) Asafoetida (Hing) – 1 tsp
18) Methi leaves – 1 tbsp (Optional)
- Separate the florets from the cauliflower.
- Clean the cut florets in salt water.
- Peel skin off the potatoes and cut them into thin, long wedges as shown in the picture.
- Heat water in pan and bring it to boil. Add some salt. Add your cleaned cauliflower florets into it. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 4 tbsps of oil/butter (or both) in pan and add cumin seeds and cinnamon stick.
- As it splutters, add onions and curry leaves and fry until the onions turn pink.
- Now add red chilly powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, fennel powder,turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Now, add the potatoes and saute them in medium to low flame, until they are well cooked. This would take 12 – 15 minutes. Stir well every minute. Keep it closed, if you want. You can sprinkle very less water, if needed. But, do not pour water to it.
- Once it is well cooked, add a tbsp of oil & the cauliflower pieces to it and mix well.
- Once the veggies are cooked well, add garam masala to your aloo gobi fry and mix. Cook for 2 more minutes in medium flame with stirring every few seconds.
- Garnish with chopped Methi leaves or cilantro and serve your aloo gobi dry hot with Rice or Chapathis or Paranthas or Rotis. It goes well with most dishes.
- Use more oil/butter, if you are not using a non-stick pan. I have given the minimum amount of oil needed for cooking in a non-stick pan. Use to your preference.
- Keep your stove in low flame and cook, if it sticks to the pan. Do not forget to stir the sabji every minute.
- There may be worms in the cauliflower, so ensure that you clean it properly. While boiling the cauliflower, add salt to it without fail to bring out and kill the worms, if any. Nowadays, gobi doesn’t have worms and all. So, don’t worry much. 🙂
You have just unlocked the “Aloo Gobi Dry Fry Curry – Potato Cauliflower Masala Stir Fry” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, please like Home-Making-Delight Page on FB (See the Right widget for LIKE Button) to get instant updates on our new posts.
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.