Gooseberry Juice – Amla Juice – Nellikai Juice
Gooseberry Juice aka Amla juice or Nellikai Juice is a very healthy, sour & sweet juice prepared from Indian gooseberry loaded with numerous health benefits. Amla juice, when consumed frequently can do wonders to your health, skin and hair. Needless to say, this gooseberry juice is very easy to prepare.
Health Benefits of Amla juice – Indian gooseberry – Nellikai:
- Amla juice is so rich in vitamin C which helps in boosting up the immune system.
- It is rich in anti-oxidants that is good for hair growth and protects skin from aging.
- Gooseberry juice keeps the bone healthy and strengthens nail and tooth.
- Regular consumption of Nellaikai Juice would flush the toxins out of the body.
- Helps in increasing the blood hemoglobin level.
- Amla is good for diabetic people as it maintains the blood sugar level.
- Because of its medicinal properties, its widely used in Ayurveda.
As gooseberries are loaded with loads of goodness, it is used to cure skin problems and hair fall problems. I would try to add a separate post on that when time permits. For now, please go ahead and read the simple gooseberry juice recipe from Home Making Delight with step by step pictures..
Gooseberry Juice Recipe – Amla Juice – Nellikai Juice
Amla juice | Indian Gooseberry juice | Nellikai Saaru | Nellika juice | Ambala juice | Amlaka juice | Amlaki juice | Nelli saru | Usirikayi juice | Nellikani juice
- Indian goosberry (Amla / Nelliakai) – 8
- Honey – as needed (Optional)
- Water – as needed
Preparation/ Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Serves – 2 glasses
- Wash the Indian gooseberries (Amla) and cut them into pieces. Discard the seeds.
- If you are using a juicer/extractor, the process is very simple. Just add the cut amla pieces and extract the juice by adding required amount of water. If you don’t have the juicer, then grind in a mixer grinder by adding less water.
- Filter out the residual pieces and extract the juice.
- Add water and honey to the concentrated mixture and drink/serve. Amla juice would be sour initially and when you drink it, you would feel a mild sweet taste. 🙂
- Regular consumption of amla juice would do wonders to your health, skin and hair.
- You can add a few mint leaves while grinding the gooseberries to add more flavor.
- People who suffer from asthma and other respiratory issues (who tend to catch cold often) are not advised to have amla juice as it immediately cools down the body. If I am lazy to prepare amla juice, I just add the gooseberries in the pressure cooker when I cook rice. Although taste would be more sour, at least I won’t catch cold and would get the nutrients. 🙂 [But, not as fresh gooseberry juice].
You have just unlocked the “Indian Gooseberry Juice – Amla juice – Nellikai saaru” recipe from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, please like Home-Making-Delight Page on FB (See the Right widget for LIKE Button) to get instant updates on our new posts.
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this recipe. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy. We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here.
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.