Mango Milkshake – Mango Milk Smoothie Recipe
Mango Milkshake is a healthy chilled drink in which the pulp of fresh mangoes is blended with milk & sugar and flavored with vanilla. It tastes delightful when served with whipped cream topping, nuts & finely chopped mango slices. Yum-yum!! 🙂
Summer not only brings us heat and sweat. It’s also the season for some heavenly delicious fruits like Jackfruit, Watermelon, Cantaloupe (Muskmelon), chikku(Sappotta) and finally, the king of Fruits – MANGO. I love mangoes!! But, I am so picky with the mangoes. it must be juicy and pulpy with no fibre strands. 🙂 But, when I laid my eyes on the fresh juicy ones in the market earlier this week, I was so sold! So were a dozen of those mangoes! 😀
Mango is a kind of fruits which blends with everything from making smoothie, shake to cake & sweets. The delay in posting recipes with mangoes in our blog is mainly because of our love for mangoes 😀 (which we couldn’t wait to make dishes out of those & we ate those as such). Well, no blaming us. Who can resist the juicy, golden, delicious mangoes? Well, I prepared mango milk shake with those mangoes and the recipe is here for you now. The taste of thick creamy mango pulp with the goodness of milk & cream in this mango milkshake can’t be just defined in words. Try it for yourself!! And, don’t forget to add the vanilla extract, it surely adds a bit of magic. 🙂
Health Benefits of MangoMilkshake:
- The fibrous nature of mango helps in digestion and is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Mango is rich in iron, hence it is a great natural solution for people suffering from anemia.
- Mango is also rich in glutamine acid – an important protein for concentration and memory.
Over to “Mango Milkshake Recipe“ from Home-Making-Delight with step by step photos..
Mango – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 – 3/4 cup (Boiled & cooled)
Sugar or Honey – 1 or 2 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
Whipped Cream topping
Chopped nuts – 1/2 tsp (for garnishing)
- Wash and peel the skin of mango. Cut the flesh on both sides of the seed into pieces.2. Blend mango pieces, sugar or honey & milk into a smooth mixture using hand blender or mixer grinder. Finally, add vanilla extract and mix it well.3. Chill it in the fridge for an hour or so. Serve it cold with whipped cream topping & nuts.
Get a spoon & enjoy every drop of the Mango Milkshake. This chilled mangolicious shake will surely make you forget the hot sweaty summer for a moment there!!! Check out our other healthy collection of Juices & Shakes.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the mangoes.
- You can use frozen mangoes too to make the milkshake.
- For vegan version, use soy or almond milk and use coconut milk whipped cream for topping.
- In India, they would say mangoes would heat up your body. Consuming mangoes with milk would help maintain the body heat and counterbalance the effect of mangoes.
This is our day-7 post for our 21-day mini blogathon. 🙂
You have just unlocked the “Mango Milkshake – Mango Milk Smoothie Recipe” from Home Making Delight. Feel free to take a tour of our space to learn more
If you like our space, please like Home-Making-Delight Page on FB (See the Right widget for LIKE Button) to get instant updates on our new posts.
We would be happy to receive your feedback on this post. That would really mean a lot to us.
Have a great recipe or a different version of this delicacy? Have the heart to share? Come on, don’t be shy! Just send the recipe (only Vegan/Vegetarian please) to us via email with your photograph (Optional, if you don’t want that to be published here) and the final/all pictures of your delicacy We would try the same with our step-by-step photos and publish with your name and photo..
Subject: New Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
Tried this recipe? Please send us with your name and photo (Optional) and the final picture of your delicacy (Not at all optional :D). We would love to publish that here
Subject: Tried Recipe – HomeMakingDelight – <Recipe-Name>
ALL THE CONTENTS in this site are copyrighted to HOMEMAKINGDELIGHT. Plagiarism is a punishable offense by law.